Sometimes the hunt for unique found items is an important part of the experience. So, while on your next trip consider these alternative items/collections!
Natural found items could include:
- Rocks or shells found on walks.
- Sand to be saved in small containers from each beach around the state, country or world.
- Driftwood for a mantel display.
- Leaves for each annual fall trip-pressed and assembled in an album.
Made items assembled with a common theme could include:
- A photograph using the same location: city limit signs, franchise, pose, etc.
- A journal or doodle pad with drawings, quotes from people met along the way or funny stories of mishaps.
- Travel boxes, scrapbook, photo album, etc.
- Homemade passport (made before or after a trip). Have business owners, clerks or tour guides to sign off inside.
- Insert HERE any unique or creative way to display, reuse or re-purpose something found along the way;)
Tip: Think of connecting these collectibles to your bucket list, i.e. travel to the top 10 surfing beaches in the world and bring home sand from the beach. Or collect leaves during a fall foliage tour in New England. Hike/rock climb in national parks across the country or in your home state-search for unique rocks that signify to geomorphology of the area.