Stores are often brimming with ideas on travel collectibles such as key chains, snow globes, bells, spoons, city catalogs, letter openers, postcards, etc. I remember traveling to the Czech Republic a few years ago and when I entered a tourist shop on the corner of a cobblestone street in Old Prague. I ended up selecting 2 or 3 of the more common gift items. The clerk at the counter rolled his eyes. Apparently he thought I missed out on the more unique one-of-a- kind treasures tucked away in a corner. Although I was very happy with my letter opener, 3D postcard and chocolate gift-box; It got me thinking about collectibles. Is there something more I should or could collect when I travel?
I am not sure there is a simple and quick answer to this question. But, I know that you should buy or save what you love! Find it, make it, create with it…your options are limitless.
Tips for Travel Collectibles:
- Try to make it reflective of who you are?
- You will have to store your treasures-think of how and where?
- How you will be able to transport the item from point A (your vacation spot) to point B (home).
- A collection can be similar items at each location displayed as a group or a singular unique piece(s) that are scattered throughout your home.
- Try to think of creative ways to assembled a collection using bought and/or found items.